"Pre-Vet" is usually a term for majoring in "Bio or Chem", available at every university, then going to Veterinary School. Animal Science is the more "Hardcore" major for working with large farm animals (Horses, Pigs, Cows Chickens etc.) on your way to Vet School. Animal Science us usually housed within a "College of Agriculture" at large state flagships. Either Path is good! Some universities offer accelerated 7-year tracks called "BS/DVM Tracks". If you love working with animals, but aren’t ready for the full commitment to Veterinary School, "Vet Tech" is usually an AA Degree found at many community colleges, that will license you to work in Vets offices in a high level support capacity.